Is your site collapsing or giving you a sluggish performance because of unpredictable traffic spikes? Then you may have to shift your site from shared hosting to a more compelling server like VPS Hosting that can handle traffic of heavily loaded sites. A bulky website with a large traffic volume needs lightning-fast speed and the ultimate high-performing server. Else, your site experiences server downtime and slow speed issues. The best VPS Server caters to compelling power, reliable infrastructure, and high functionality like Dedicated Hosting but at a low price.
In this guide, we introduce you to the two primary VPS hosting types that are highly in demand: Managed VPS and Unmanaged VPS Hosting. But before knowing which one is better, Managed or Unmanaged VPS, let me first comprehend the basics of VPS. Let’s get started!
What is VPS Hosting?
The VPS or Virtual Private Server is a web hosting service that gives you remarkable and compelling hosting services like a Dedicated Server. VPS Hosting completely works on Virtualization technology. In VPS, the primary server is divided into various servers, but virtually not physically. Each virtual server functions and works independently. You’ll be given complete root-level access and dedicated resources that you can utilize to operate and manage your stand-alone server.
If you decide to opt for the VPS to host your site, you will get the virtual space and dedicated resources, including operating system, storage device, CPU, RAM, and bandwidth. You can even run your site on a separate operating system with which you will be given robust control panel options to configure your server. Additionally, you can easily install the custom-made applications and software packages on your server using one-click softaculous.
Take a quick tour of the principal features of VPS Hosting:
-You’ll be given complete Root Level Access
-You’ll be given instant provisioning of Resources
-You can Expect a High Level of Data Security
-Performance is at the peak
-Lightning Fast Speed and one-click web page loading
-One click Software Installation via Softaculous
-Complete Root Level Accessibility
-Resource Monitoring Dashboard
– Server Management
-Round the clock Customer and Technical Support
What is Managed VPS Hosting?
A Managed VPS Hosting is a type of service in which all the workload or hassle is the sole responsibility of your web host. It lets you take more benefits with a hands-off approach. The Virtual Private Server ensures the functionality and services you require. However, this type of hosting is perfect for non-tech-savvy users who don’t have enough technical skills. Whereas Managed VPS Hosting enables you to focus on planning new business strategies. So, you can manage, maintain, troubleshoot all the cores of your server.
-Exclusive Benefits of Managed VPS Hosting
- In Managed VPS Hosting, the web host offers you round-the-clock server monitoring services. Their experts keep an eye 24*7 on your primary objectives.
- If you are little or not familiar with Server related operations, then you don’t have to stress out. Managed VPS Hosting ensures the entire server maintenance by the tech-savvy and expert team.
- A Managed VPS Server Managed Hosting comprises high-quality and standard tools to fix security threats and troubleshoot issues. Your Server is constantly monitored and under observation for any kind of attack. So, instant actions and security measures can be taken while encountering any vulnerability.
- VPS Managed Hosting comes with a robust and powerful control panel that enables you to efficiently handle every aspect of your website(creating database, monitoring, custom software installation, etc.).
- Your Server is being monitored by the web host for traffic spikes. So, if your site receives high traffic during peak hours, then managed VPS hosting ensures the capability to handle the increased traffic on your site.
- One of the most important benefits of choosing the Managed plans is cost-effectiveness. You don’t have to invest in hiring experts for your server management.
- You get 24*7 seamless technical support and experts guided by the web host.
-Comes with a Hefty Price Tag
-Outside party has more control over your server.
You can’t decide which one you should opt for while knowing about Managed VPS Hosting. You need to know about the Unmanaged Hosting also. So, without wasting your time, let’s delve into the introduction of Unmanaged Hosting.
What is Unmanaged VPS Hosting?
Unmanaged Hosting mimics its name, or we can say opposite of the Managed Server in which you have to manage, handle, troubleshoot, and configure your server. In simple terms, your server security and management are your sole responsibility, whereas the web host only takes care of the physical server.
Further, it is the best option for users with technical expertise and know-how to manage and configure their servers. Additionally, you can have complete server access that allows you to manage your server utilizing the dedicated in-house resources.
-Remarkable Benefits of Unmanaged VPS Hosting
- You can have full control of your server means complete control of the resources associated with the Hosting, including storage space, software installation, bandwidth, memory usage, etc.
- VPS Server is customized; you can manage services according to your requirements.
- If you are technically an expert, then this Hosting must be pocket-friendly for you. You won’t have to invest money in hiring an expert for your server management.
- You are free to install custom applications and software on your server since you have root server access.
- You can make all the necessary changes and updates at any time without relying on your web host.
- You can easily boost your site performance and speed in order to gain more traffic and enhance the user experience.
-Takes more time for functioning
-Requires round the clock IT support
-Difficult to keep your services updated
-Result in potential downtime if the software is not updated.
Major Difference Between Managed and Unmanaged VPS Hosting?
You may come across through the basic intro, pros, and cons of a Managed and Unmanaged VPS Hosting. So, you will get a basic idea about which one is better and which web hosting benefits you more. if you are still confused about both, then see the difference between Managed and Unmanaged Hosting in the below-mentioned table:
|Features||Managed VPS||Unmanaged VPS|
|Technical Skills||No need to have technical skills.||Good Technical Skill is must|
|Server Maintenance||Web Host takes care of it.||Web host takes care of the only physical server.|
|Management||Hassle-Free Management||Management is your sole responsibility.|
|Technical Support||You get 24*7 technical support||You need to ensure and fix the issues.|
|Cost||Comes with a hefty price tag||Easily affordable|
|System Config.||Web Host takes care of system configurations.||You need to configure your server.|
|Software Updates||You’ll be given updated software||You need to be updated manually.|
|Security||You can ensure more security||You need to secure your data on your own.|
|Software Monitoring||Web Host monitors and fixes the issues if any occurs.||You need to monitor your server software.|
|Hardware Management||All the hardware quality is assured by your web host.||Quality hardware is provided by your web host.|
After reviewing the clear difference between managed and Unmanaged Hosting, it’s now easy for you to decide which VPS is hosting type benefits you most. So, when would you choose the managed plans, and when should go with the Unmanaged plans? Let’s know the answer in the next section.
Which One Should You Choose: Managed/Unmanaged?
Now you are entirely aware of both types of VPS Hosting. Both come with their own exclusive perks and cons. If you are a technical expert user and have experience in server management and maintenance. In that case, it is advised to opt for the Unmanaged VPS Hosting at a cost-effective price. While if you are a newcomer and don’t know how to manage your server but want to focus on your business growth, then handling VPS Server on your own is quite challenging. Therefore, it is recommended to choose the Managed VPS Server with which you’ll be given better technical assistance, dedicated resources, managed to host, and so on. So, you can keep your focus on managing your team, maximizing revenue, developing strong customer relationships, etc.
At the same time, if you have budget constraints and are unable to handle additional expenses, Unmanaged VPS will be more well-suited for your business.
Try Serverwala’s VPS Hosting Plans
Knowing about VPS Hosting and its types, benefits, and features is not yet a conclusion until you don’t make the right choice of a web host. To employ the exclusive benefits of Managed and Unmanaged Hosting, you need to opt for a reliable web host that ensures all the services at a cost-effective price. Undoubtedly, plenty of options are there for you. But if you figure out the best, you will know that not all web hosts cater to the reliable services, security, and support you expect in return for your investment. Therefore, choosing Serverwala web host for buying the Unmanaged and Managed VPS Hosting plans with remarkable services and guru crew customer support at an affordable price is recommended. In the end, the decision is in your hands and completely relies on your budget and business requirements. Therefore, know your business demands and choose the plans wisely. Thank You!